[mythtv] (MacOS X port) Apple TV remote support for 2.3 and others (Ticket 6422) - compile errors / runtime white screen

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:34:17 UTC 2011

On 3 November 2011 15:44, Emlyn Bolton <emlyn.bolton at gmail.com> wrote> Hi guys,
> After starting any sort of recording, I'm presented with a white screen for
> video and no overlay menu when I hit escape (atv menu) to get back to the
> media library. Also, the playback is very choppy (heard, rather than seen)
> with 0.24.1.

Run the frontend with -v playback logging. It will either being using
Quartz for video or OpenGL (it should be fairly obvious). The white
screen problem sounds like an issue with OpenGL rendering on OSX
(which is fixed in master) but you probably want Quartz for that
setup.

(OpenGL should be much better all round in 0.25)

With respect to crystalhd support - try
http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx. It's not something I can
test, so it would be interesting to hear how you get on.

regards

Mark