[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 85a5266e1 by Michael T. Dean (sphery)

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Fri May 6 02:25:50 UTC 2011

I found some test data on the WGBH (PBS in Boston) web site that might be useful to anyone working on closed caption support. Looks like it's been there for years. I think of particular interest are:
http://ncamftp.wgbh.org/DTV/CEA%20test%20material/Iteration_1/CEAv1.2zero.trp
http://ncamftp.wgbh.org/DTV/CEA%20test%20material/Iteration_1/It1.2ReadMe.pdf
http://ncamftp.wgbh.org/DTV/CEA%20test%20material/Iteration_2/IT2Afinal_110504.trp
http://ncamftp.wgbh.org/DTV/CEA%20test%20material/Iteration_2/It2A%20ReadMe%20V1.pdf

The .trp files are MPEG-2 TS files. The .pdf files are documents describing the .trp files. I quote from the last .pdf:

"It is intended to provide an indication of a DTV receiving device's ability to decode “native” CEA-708-B captions from an ATSC transport stream.  This test material has been tested with several devices containing CEA- 708-B caption decoders and has produced satisfactory results."

HTH,
Helen