[mythtv] help

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:04:55 UTC 2011

On 24 March 2011 00:07, Monish Kumar <Monish.Kumar at hcl.in> wrote:

> WARNING : ***Pulse Audio is running ***
>
> Audio output device is set to PulseAudio but Pulseaudio support is not
> compiled in !
>
> Segmentation fault

Please lodge a backtrace in track (though I'm pretty sure that one is
fixed in master)

Works around are obviously to compile mythtv with pulseaudio support
(it's just a matter of installing the pulseaudio development header)
or do not configure mythfrontend to use pulse. You have obviously used
an audio configuration from a previous properly compiled mythtv and
then didn't reset anything.

mythmusic will crash if the audio settings aren't set. Unfortunately,
mythmusic performs no check whatsoever after opening the audio layer.
mythtv 0.25 (or master) have some extra check so if you try to use the
audio player when it's not properly initialised it will do nothing