[mythtv] API Framework has been committed (May break existing users of mythXML).

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:44:47 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:26 AM, David Blain <MythTv at theblains.net> wrote:
> For those not following IRC, I committed the API Framework last night.

Hi David,

Congrats on the great work.  I have been working a little on the
ability to expose MythXML to the external world via a MythWeb module.
My goal was to be able to write an app for my android phone, that
could access mythTV data via my mythweb server and not have to forward
more ports etc on my router or have to interpret the mythTV protocol
within the app.  A stretch goal was to produce something that could
eventually be included in mythTV so that others could use the same
app, but against their mythTV installation or develop their own app
maybe on different platforms too.

A write up and downloadable version of the module is at
https://sites.google.com/a/thewhytehouse.org/mythtv/modification/mythxmlmoduleformythweb

Obviously, the module I have developed will have to change a little,
but I just wanted some feedback on whether what I was doing was
redundant/unwanted.  I am also unsure of how to get it before the
developers eyes.  Should I just raise a ticket as it is, with the
couple of minor problems it has (i.e. no mythweb translation etc) or
does it need to be fully finished and polished before it gets there?

Any feedback is welcome...

Regards,
Whytey