[mythtv] Record command

Pentti Salo pentti.salo67 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:42:47 UTC 2011

Thanks,

My intent is to use remote record command from the phone application and
it is not recommended to do this from the android SDK. (I mean direct
database
connection) So maybe it is good idea to add such command to protocol. Any
way
I read archive and notice that there is some action about the myth protocol
to make
it better somehow. I will follow what happen with this and maybe I have to
change
a protocol. Is this okay?  You say that mythproto is not safe? So maybe it
is better to
make this command with HTTP protocol. I think that is safe with https://.

I think I will need a command to set program recording command without
database
connection. Can you direct me to some tutorials about mythtv programming.
I make computer programs 25 years, but this is my first time I program in
the open
source project. Thanks.