[mythtv] Support for upcoming VDPAU on AMD and Myth Player

Greg dargllun at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:42:04 UTC 2011

> VDPAU is an API. Yes - NVidia wrote it but you can't do anything
> nvidia specific. You're either working with the API or you're not.

Ok, I don't know what happened but when I tried to reproduce the issue
it seems to be gone. Meaning MythTV doesn't really complain about my
Gallium VDPAU anymore! However, output is rather jerky. Since it plays
fine in mplayer -vo vdpau, I thought I show you guys the -v
none,playback log. Perhaps you can spot anything suspicious.

I'm trying to play an mpeg2 dvb-t recording (HD won't be supported by
this vdpau implementation for now anyways). I didn't configure a
deinterlacer.

So what do you think?

Regards
Greg