[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: ad8b03b3a by Gavin Hurlbut (Beirdo)

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 05:55:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Logging can be (and by default is) done to: console, debug logfile (similar
> to our old logs), database table and syslog (defaults to LOCAL7).

I missed something here...  The database logging table is daily trimmed by
the housekeeping thread so it will not just grow without bounds.  Michael
Dean has plans to put in a database-based log viewer soon, so the database
logging will soon hopefully become useful for debugging as well (think --
asking a user to go into mythweb, to the logging page, and clicking
"pastebin this log"...  that could be an outcome here).