[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 20:57:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 13:53 +0800, treblid wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Release version can't start (0xc0000005) exception... Will do debug
> >> build and try again.. :p
> >
> > Most likely cause in my experience is problems in settings.  It's v.
> > important to start mythfrontend for the first time with a -p option and
> > go through and inspect/verify/change all settings.  It's sometimes
> > necessary to force Qt mode for UI drawing with:
> > mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt
> Everything fails it seems when doing release build, can't even get
> help to show...
>
> Noticed a quirk with the build script, if I do the cleaning process
> above, and build a debug version it will fail.

Could you post the mythbuild output when this happens?  You can add an
-l (ell) option to mythbuild.sh to save all output to mythbuild.log

>  However, if I build a
> release version first, then build a debug version, that seems to
> work.. Is there a patch that's applied for release but not for debug?

No, the debug and release builds are the same except for configure
parameters.  The libs that are configured differently are Lame, Qt and
mysql.

> ATM I have hacked QT to remove that QASSERT error about threads, and
> so far so good.. It's working fine now AFAICT.

A backtrace would be useful so that the bug can be fixed.

-- Lawrence