[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 15:14:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 08:54 +0800, treblid wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM, treblid <treblid at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks for the logs.  Looks like the build is finding libraries from
> >> various previous builds.  The tell-tale sign is detecting pthreads which
> >> should find libpthreadGC2 but doesn't.  Get the latest script from here
> >>
> >> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild-110119.zip
> >>
> >> and a clean build should sort everything out:
> >>
> >> rm -rf mythinstall/
> >>
> >> # delete mythbuild but keep downloaded packages
> >> for d in mythbuild/*; do [ -d $d ] && rm -rf $d; done
> >>
> >> # Cleanup mythtv
> >> cd mythtv && git clean -fxd .
> >>
> >> # Debug build of master branch, log output to mythbuild.log
> >> ./mythbuild.sh -d -b master -l
> >>
> >> Change -d to -r for a release build.  Let me know if you get further
> >> problems.
> > That worked (master), all the linking woes I had are gone now. Will
> > try running it soon.
> Release version can't start (0xc0000005) exception... Will do debug
> build and try again.. :p

Most likely cause in my experience is problems in settings.  It's v.
important to start mythfrontend for the first time with a -p option and
go through and inspect/verify/change all settings.  It's sometimes
necessary to force Qt mode for UI drawing with:
mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

After initial setup, exit and restart and then go immediately to the
settings page again to verify all TV and video settings, especially
playback,  It shouldn't be necessary but it seems pragmatic.  A
backtrace of any crash would be worth submitting to Trac.

-- Lawrence