[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Dan Wilson dwilson at solidstatesoftware.com
Fri Jan 21 07:14:57 UTC 2011

On 01/20/2011 01:37 PM, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> I checked this on a clean Fedora 14,32-bit install on VirtualBox and it
> appears that it's down to mingw g++ not being installed.  I've now added
> an explicit check for that in the script.  To clarify, on a clean system
> you need these additional packages:
>
> yum install gcc.i686 gcc-c++.i686 mingw32-gcc.i686 mingw32-gcc-g++.i686 wget patch git-core
>
> How times have changed, until now I had assumed that all Linux distros
> had a c/c++ compiler by default.

I have all of those packages installed except for g++, and I can't find
it via yum:

$ sudo yum search mingw | grep gcc
mingw32-gcc.i686 : MinGW Windows cross-compiler (GCC) for C
mingw32-gcc-c++.i686 : MinGW Windows cross-compiler for C++
mingw32-gcc-gfortran.i686 : MinGW Windows cross-compiler for FORTRAN
mingw32-gcc-objc.i686 : MinGW Windows cross-compiler support for Objective C
mingw32-gcc-objc++.i686 : MinGW Windows cross-compiler support for
Objective C++

$ rpm -qa | grep mingw
mingw32-atk-1.32.0-3.fc14.noarch
mingw32-gcc-4.5.0-1.fc14.i686
mingw32-glib2-2.26.0-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-binutils-2.20.1-2.fc14.i686
mingw32-jasper-1.900.1-11.fc12.noarch
mingw32-expat-2.0.1-6.fc13.noarch
mingw32-freetype-2.3.11-1.fc13.noarch
mingw32-gettext-0.17-12.fc12.noarch
mingw32-runtime-3.15.2-5.fc13.noarch
mingw32-libjpeg-7-2.fc12.noarch
mingw32-gdk-pixbuf-2.22.0-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-gcc-c++-4.5.0-1.fc14.i686
mingw32-pixman-0.19.4-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-cairo-1.10.0-2.fc14.noarch
mingw32-cpp-4.5.0-1.fc14.i686
mingw32-libpng-1.4.3-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-termcap-1.3.1-8.fc12.noarch
mingw32-pthreads-2.8.0-10.fc13.noarch
mingw32-fontconfig-2.6.0-10.fc12.noarch
mingw32-iconv-1.12-12.fc12.noarch
mingw32-zlib-1.2.5-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-gtk2-2.22.0-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-w32api-3.14-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-pango-1.28.1-1.fc14.noarch
mingw32-filesystem-63-1.fc14.noarch

So I went to a fedora mirror site (mirrors.kernel.org) and searched -
and can't find that package there either.  Do you know where you found it?

FYI, I successfully built a windows installer on ubuntu and installed
mythfrontend onto a windows PC. It came up and connected to the backend,
looked great - but segfaulted as soon as I tried to watch a recorded
program. I haven't had time to look further into that.

Dan.