[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 09:25:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 00:15 -0800, Dan Wilson wrote:
> On 01/18/2011 11:44 PM, Dan Wilson wrote:
>
> Running under F14-i686 version in a vmware workstation virtual machine:
>
> I got the same problem with the script not auto-creating mythbuild
> subdirectory. I created it and proceeded on.
>
> I got the same problem with "cc" versus "gcc". I changed that definition
> and proceeded.
>
> in libxml2, testThread.c had the same funky line of code. I commented it
> out.

I have disabled threads in all builds now.

> However, I now get the missing bits/wordsize.h error. I'm guessing this
> is the start of the same mess I got into on the 64-bit system. So it
> likely isn't a 64-bit-to-32-bit problem, but possibly something related
> to the way mingw packages were put together for Fedora?

Maybe easiest to just comment out the call to build LIBXML2 for now.
MythTV fixes/0.24 doesn't use it and the master branch configure will
detect it's missing and build without it.

> I give up for tonight.

Thanks for your efforts.  I've fixed all the problems that you
identified and put an amended script here:

http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild-110119.zip

-- Lawrence