[mythtv] German Language support for IMDB-like queries in MythVideo (OMDB Query v1.0.1)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 21:34:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Martin Schoeffel
<martin_schoeffel at web.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a new version of my german OMDB Query script (see attachement). As
> there is no good support for german movie databases you might want to put
> omdb.pl under /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie/ (or where the
> other query scripts are placed on your system). Then in MythFrontend you
> will find a new entry in "Metadata Settings" called "OMDB Query".
>
> I tested it with Mythbuntu 10.10. The script uses http://www.omdb.org as
> data source.

Thanks.  Since I'm still on 0.23 and CentOS 5, the use of python scripts has
been a source of trouble with me.  Having a working perl script will be a
nice workaround until CentOS 6 comes out and I upgrade to 0.24.  I'll try it
out soon and let you know how it works.

Thanks,
Kevin