[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

treblid treblid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 01:11:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> This error occurs sporadically during the build of Qt.  There's even a
> specific message in the script about it.  The only solution that I have
> found is to just keep repeating mythbuildw32.  Each time it should get a
> little further.  As with many Windows problems a system restart also
> helps - honest.
Interesting, never thought of that, thanks for the tip.. Over the
weekend I mingled and mingled on my 2 Win7 machines (32bit and 64bit)
until they longer build any more.. :p Got frustrated and install a
Linux virtual machine (Mandriva 2010.2 32bit) and tried building.

That went on fine (needs to patch cdrip as it has changed), but the
script missed a dll (forgot what it is now as I'm at work, will get
back to you on that). Copied that dll over, and try to start
mythfrontend, but it errored out with 0xc0000005. :( (All exes seem to
error out with 0xc0000005). Yet to figure out what that error meant.

> If you're still unable to complete the build I can put a zip archive of
> master or fixes/0.24 on my website.  I would recommend fixes/0.25 since
> the current master has a number of video playback issues on Windows.
Hmm. Guess I was too easy to give up last week.. :D Really am
interested to figure this out myself, but I'm stuck.. :) Will
appreciate a  zip archive of master, thanks.. Don't really mind the
playback problems, as it's Windows :p.

Thanks for your help, and the efforts you've made in this script. To
see a fully functional version of mythgallery, mythmusic under windows
is really fantastic! Kudos. :)

Regards,
Tj