[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 11:00:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 12:07 +0800, treblid wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM, treblid <treblid at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks merry Christmas and a happy new
> > year to all.
> I'm well and truly stuck in this one. Tried to do a debug build of
> MythTVw32 to see if I can get a backtrace but hit this problem:
>
> C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\make.exe: *** couldn't commit memory for cygwin
> heap, Win32 error 0
> make[3]: *** [release] Error 1

This error occurs sporadically during the build of Qt.  There's even a
specific message in the script about it.  The only solution that I have
found is to just keep repeating mythbuildw32.  Each time it should get a
little further.  As with many Windows problems a system restart also
helps - honest.

> All my machines are 2GB, and only the Myth backend is 8GB, but I've
> tried creating a virtual machine giving it 4GB of memory and it still
> failed. :( Try increasing the heap_chunk_in_mb registry setting to
> 1024 and didn't help. Will try it again on my last machine (Win7
> 32bit) and see if it'd work there.
> Any pointers? Failing that, can somebody who has a working mingw build
> a debug version of the master branch and put it online somewhere for
> me to download?

If you're still unable to complete the build I can put a zip archive of
master or fixes/0.24 on my website.  I would recommend fixes/0.25 since
the current master has a number of video playback issues on Windows.

--
Lawrence