[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 72d437001 by Daniel Thor Kristjansson (daniel-kristjansson)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Dec 13 19:26:29 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 22:54, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> >       >  From: MythTV<noreply at mythtv.org>
>> >       >  Adds 'damaged' video property for poor recordings.
>> >  I'm not running master, so I can't submit code for this yet, but may
>> >  I suggest that another quality metric is whether or not the recording
>> >  contains EAS bursts?  This is a -constant- problem on my Comcast feed,
> I hate to contradict what was said in the ticket but since this
> requires decoding the audio it's probably best done in an external
> program managed by mythtv like how real-time mythcommflag works.
> That way libav crashes don't take down the backend. Other than that
> I think this is a great idea.

The use of 'internal' in that case didn't mean internal to the
mythbackend process, but internal to MythTV in general.  As it stands,
it is not a patch that can be applied to MythTV.  As an external script,
we've been trying to clean out contrib anyway, and aren't adding new
stuff to it.  That leaves it as a proof of concept, sitting there as a
feature request for someone else to implement, whether in mythbackend,
mythcommflag, or some new myth- application.  The author seemed content
leaving it as the external script, and as a matter of principle, we
don't allow feature requests on trac.