[mythtv] Why are themes downloaded to /etc/mythtv?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 10 14:43:32 UTC 2011

* On Sat Dec 10, 2011 at 02:00:04PM +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> There was a difference of opinion internally about the proposal. Some
> developers wanted to instead implement this via storage groups which is not
> something I have the time to work on.

We already have a built in 'Themes' Storage Group that points to
GetConfDir() + "/themes", we just need to modify libmythui and
the theme downloader to honor it.  I made a modification earlier
this week (or last) to allow overriding the builtin Storage Groups,
so users could put the themes wherever they want by overriding
that SG.  I'll take a look at adding this functionality.

--
Chris