[mythtv] SBE core dump due to MythSocket misuse?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Dec 6 19:23:35 UTC 2011

On 12/5/2011 10:59 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/18/2011 12:06 AM, faginbagin wrote:
>> I'm in the process of debugging a deadlock that occurs in my MBE.
>> It seems to be caused by my SBE dumping core after it finishes a
>> recording. I should also mention that I'm running 0.23-fixes,
>> version 26863. However, I think I've found a problem that still
>> exists in the master branch. I hope what I've learned will help the
>> project, so here goes.
>
> Thanks for the report.  In case you didn't notice, Daniel K pushed a
> fix for this in https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/fb1c7607f
> (master) and https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/40f3bae9f
> (0.24-fixes) earlier today.  Looks like the same patch you're
> applying to your 0.23 version (or, you could just upgrade to current
> 0.24-fixes, and you'll pick up the change :).
>
> Thanks, again, Mike

Glad I could help. FWIW, I'm holding off on upgrading until 0.25 is released. I've patched my back ends to eliminate the deadlock (which seems to be working), as well as to fix this core dump and I've also patched my front ends so closed captions work properly with my service provider, WOW:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9829
I don't think the closed caption fix in master has been applied to 0.24-fixes.

Regards,
Helen