[mythtv] SBE core dump due to MythSocket misuse?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 6 03:59:42 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 12:06 AM, faginbagin wrote:
> I'm in the process of debugging a deadlock that occurs in my MBE. It seems to be caused by my SBE dumping core after it finishes a recording. I should also mention that I'm running 0.23-fixes, version 26863. However, I think I've found a problem that still exists in the master branch. I hope what I've learned will help the project, so here goes.

Thanks for the report.  In case you didn't notice, Daniel K pushed a fix
for this in https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/fb1c7607f (master)
and https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/40f3bae9f (0.24-fixes)
earlier today.  Looks like the same patch you're applying to your 0.23
version (or, you could just upgrade to current 0.24-fixes, and you'll
pick up the change :).

Thanks, again,
Mike