[mythtv] Unable to see sgreen grab/flash streams in mythweb recordings

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 4 19:32:01 UTC 2011

On 12/4/2011 08:14, Marc Tousignant wrote:

> I posted this to users a back in April when I went from an older
> 0.24-fixes to a more recent one, and never got a reply and never found
> out he fix on my own.
>
> Now I have gone from fixes on to the master branch and still see the
> same behavior.
>
> When I goto the recordings page, all the images are blank. When I
> access the individual recording page I get no preview and the flash
> stream fails to load anything.

Flash streaming runs a local copy of mythffmpeg against the filesystem,
meaning the files need to be accessible from the local filesystem on the
machine running apache, and the user running apache needs read access to
them.  Looking at the logs, it seems you've got everything running on
one machine, so I would check the file permissions.

This is really a user support question, not suited for the development
channel.  If you're looking to make modifications to MythWeb to support
operations over storage groups, the existing code should be completely
abandoned, and rewritten around the new transcoding capability in the
Services API.  I know Chris Pinkham has plans towards that goal,
including potentially swapping flowplayer for jwplayer, but I don't know
how far along he is.