[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: be80e46a6 by Kevin Kuphal (kkuphal)

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:39:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl>wrote:
>
>> On 9-8-2011 5:08, MythTV wrote:
>> >        Author:  Kevin Kuphal<kkuphal at mythtv.org>
>> >   Change Date:  2011-08-08T20:08:34-07:00
>> >     Push Date:  2011/08/08 20:08:49 -0700
>> >    Repository:  mythtv
>> >        Branch:  master
>> > New Revision:  be80e46a645aad756272f8ca90efc5a26322a64d
>> >     Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/be80e46a6
>>
>> This commit brakes windows compilation with the following error:
>>

> No it doesn't.  That commit was a merge of some unrelated changes with what
> was in master.  I'd be very surprised if Kevin's changes caused this, it
> looks more likely to be some of Daniel's changes to the database handling
> code earlier today that is also in the merge.  That is to say, if you had
> pulled what was there just before this merge commit, the issue would still
> be there.  To try that, do:
>
> git checkout 8f37c6e8c9666c8d5df7<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8f37c6e8c9666c8d5df7185b4ac76497255ac686>
>
> and compile again.
>
> That said, this needs fixing :)

That was just me not doing a pull before a commit (right?) and generating a
big long commit message of all the stuff I didn't update.  The order should
be :

git pull
git add
git commit
git push

Yes?  I'm still getting my feet wet with git.  I ended up doing add, commit,
pull, push which I think caused the extra message.

Kevin