[mythtv] javascript debugging question...

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:10:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Rob Smith <kormoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to work out what's going wrong with the "height"; my logic
>> is that the default width allows 30 characters per line, so we want to
>> determine how many lines are required for the content being passed to
>> the function.  However, things aren't working out.  I've tried both
>> Chrome and Firebug so that I can dig down and see what's happening to
>> the function, but can't seem to get either to breakpoint within the
>> routine so that I can examine content.length.
>
> That's assuming a fixed width font which is not the font I get (
> Verdana,Arial,sans-serif ). The real answer is to set the height to
> 'auto' which does the right thing (tm)(r).

Yes, that works, but the window placement still doesn't take into
consideration the height of the resulting text box (because it's
hard-coded), so the vertical placement may still result in a box
that's taller than the bottom of the screen, and which the user then
needs to move up or resize horizontally.

Muddling through...