[mythtv] Matrox G200,DC10 cards

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:42:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> I'm considering dropping support for these 1990's capture cards.
>
> Can anyone think of a reason to continue support (additional
> code will need to be written for them with the mythtv-setup
> changes.) If you can think of a good reason, do you have one
> of these cards to test with?

I can think of no good reason to keep supporting these.  We should add that
to the "to be removed in 0.25" list that goes out when we release 0.24.

I do have one, but I think it's at my dad's place (north of Toronto), and
I'm in Seattle... not much chance I'll be using it any time soon.

If I recall correctly, these were hardware encoders that spat out MJPEG...
 But it has been a while.