[mythtv] HD-Only Recording Schedule Flag

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Sep 29 16:10:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:10:18AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I would also love to be able to assign one priority to new showings of
> a show and a different priority to repeats.  And a different priority
> to generic unlabeled episodes of a show versus properly labeled ones.

You can do this very easily for all rules by using Custom Priorities.
To do this for individual rules, you can also use Custom Priorities,
but it's probably easier to just create separate rules for each case.

> Given I can create a rule to only record new episodes, but can't find
> a way to create another rule for the same show, there doesn't seem to
> currently be any way to do it.  Maybe the interface is just making it
> hard to figure out.

Go to Upcoming Recordings (or any place you can access your existing
rule) and temporarily change the rule to "Record only this showing."
View Upcoming episodes and then use one of the other showings that are
no longer covered by the original rule to create a new rule.  Finally,
change the old rule back to whatever it was before.  You'll probably
want to use one of the "Exclude Episodes" settings or just use custom
rules.

> For that matter it would also be handy to be able to say (Delete and
> rerecord, but not for the next week (some shows repeat 5 times in 2
> days, and if you delete it after the first showing but would like it
> to record again in the future, well it records it again in a few hours,
> so you have to delete and rerecord again).  Not sure how one would do
> that nicely.

Custom rules have the ability to match only the last showing of a
program.

David
--
David Engel