[mythtv] HD-Only Recording Schedule Flag

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Sep 29 14:20:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 09:51:38AM -0400, Doug Haber wrote:
> One feature that I've been wanting for a while is an "HD-Only" flag for
> recording schedules.  The idea is that if set it would tell the scheduler to
> only record shows that match the rule and program.hdtv == 1.  I was thinking
> that it could be added as 128 to the record.dupin field so that no database
> changes would be needed and it would play nice with the other filters (no
> generics, etc).  I imagine it would require some work (update the scheduler,
> alter a number of screens, mythweb, etc) and so before I got started I was
> wondering if a patch to this effect would be likely to be accepted or if
> there was a reason that this feature didn't already exist.

First, you can already do this by creating a custom recording rule.
It's fairly easy to create a simple rule this way by just choosing the
canned clause you want and adding it to the rule.  Editing an existing
rule is more problematic currently due to MythUI's lack of a usable
multiline edit widget.

Second, I plan to add more flexible filtering to normal recording
rules since I've never liked how the dupin and dupmethod fields are
overloaded.  I hope to get this in for 0.25.  Initially, the filters
will be limited to canned choices, but the plan is to eventually make
it extensible.

David
--
David Engel