[mythtv] Digital audio passthrough

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 01:49:05 UTC 2010

On 15 September 2010 19:44, James Courtier-Dutton
<james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> As you can see, none of the sensible options are "default".
> It should also be noted, that if pulseaudio is being used, you cannot
> do AC3 pass through, and the "default" device name might be
> redirecting sound to pulseaudio.

As you're an ALSA developer, you probably now this as I couldn't find
definitive documentation on the matter.

ALSA uses a different channel ordering than SMPTE which is what ffmpeg output.

For 5.1 that order is well defined. For 7.1 however, I haven't found
any documentations. As such I have assumed that it's 5.1 + surround.