[mythtv] Digital audio passthrough

Owen manicmoose at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 03:20:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> This worked so far, including for
> people using ALSA:default. The only exception has been with Richard in
> that ticket. I haven't had any reports that it wasn't working for anyone
> else...

That doesn't mean that other people *aren't* having the same problem,
although you're not to know that.
I'm not here expecting sympathy but to acknowledge that I encountered the
same (or similar) issues from somewhere around svn 25135 onwards.  I tried
moving forward with builds for awhile but things only got worse, so in
desperation to get a working system again, I reverted from svn 26022 back to
a January build (23395) and DB backup.
I have since upgraded to 0.23.1 and it's still working ok.  I still have
issues with a few Matroska files, but that's probably something to do with
how they have been encoded/created.  Otherwise, passthrough is currently
working whereas from svn 25135 up to 26022 I had all sorts of (what I
believe were) sound-related problems.  As with Richard, using stereo rather
than 5.1 sound fixed, or rather masked most of the problems, which lead me
to my assumption sound issues were the issue.
Ideally, I would like to rebuild my somewhat bastardised Myth server (the
OS, that is) to see if that helps, but even so, it says something that I can
revert to an old build of Myth and things work again without me touching the
OS.
Me confused and time-poor, but at least my Myth box is working
again.....aahhhh.