[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26111 - in trunk/mythtv by mdean

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 01:17:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Preston Crow
<pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 16:22 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> FWIW, I still have some planned changes for the cut list editor.
>
>> Other ideas appreciated, too.
>
> What I would really like to see in the cut list editor is some
> indication of the audio levels in the current and adjacent frames.  I
> like to set the cut list to remove commercials cleanly, but sometimes
> there's some audio in the black frames.
>
> Perhaps would would be most useful would be a "snap to black" feature
> that would find the blackest and quietest frame within a half second,
> and snap the edit point to that position.  (Now if only commercial
> detection would do that, so I didn't need to fine tune it as much, but
> that's a separate discussion.)

I have the same issue with snippets of audio from the commercial
creeping into the black interval that I don't cut.  You might be
interested in the patch in ticket #8522.  It adds an option to
preserve half of the black interval, instead of all or nothing.  I
think this does a pretty good job.  (If I were more ambitious, I would
try to modify mythcommflag to add the audio level to whatever scoring
function applies to blank intervals.)

Jim