[mythtv] New cutlist editor (mythtv commit: r26111)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 4 19:54:07 UTC 2010

  On 09/04/2010 11:50 AM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> How about maintaining an undo/redo stack during the cutlist
> editor session?  I'll be happy to write the initial patch if you think
> it's a reasonable approach.

That sounds good to me.  It also fits well with common UIs in other
editing programs (office automation, image editing, etc.)  I don't want
to lose the new design Mark used, though--the one that makes it
impossible to create an invalid cut list through the UI by adding
discontinuities with redundant start/end marks.  With this approach,
what the user sees is what the user gets, and we never write invalid
cuts to the database (nor silently modify the cut list the user saw
before writing it to the database).

Thanks,
Mike