[mythtv] MinGW distributions for Windows builds

mythtv at meric.id.au mythtv at meric.id.au
Thu Sep 2 04:03:09 UTC 2010

> My inclination is not to switch to a compiler that is unsupported with
> the version of Qt when we are *just* getting the script to a usable
> point.  Since the only issue addressed is an apparent resource
> starvation issue when run in a VM, it's hard to justify the risk right
> now.  If gcc 4.5.0 is supported with Qt 4.7 (once we apply the fixes
> to make myth compile properly with 4.7) then we might be able to
> re-evaluate, but for right now, it seems like a lot of risk for
> minimal reward.

Yeah... I see your point.  At this stage, it looks like QT 4.7 is still
going to be tied to GCC 4.4 (at least that's the situation with the
release candidate).

My builds under TDM-MINGW weren't as stable as I'd have liked, and I
haven't had the time to figure out what's wrong - so, I'm not going to
argue for change at this stage.

Cheers,
Richard.