[mythtv] MinGW distributions for Windows builds

mythtv at meric.id.au mythtv at meric.id.au
Wed Sep 1 00:51:28 UTC 2010

One of the issues I'm currently facing with the Win32 build is a
segmentation fault in GCC when compiling dsputil.o (in ffmpeg).  This
problem only seems to happen when compiling under the perl script.

As part of trying to resolve this, I download the TDM-MinGW distribution
which includes GCC v4.5.0.  Initial testing looked promising, so I've
hacked the build script to support it, which also allowed me to remove a
bunch of dependencies and patches from the script (as they are included
in TDM).  The QT installer was a little unhappy - presumably because GCC
4.5 isn't officially supported, but it seems to have installed and
configured itself ok.

I've since performed a full myth build using this setup and it seems to
work ok - so, my question is... are we interested in moving forward with
this?