[mythtv] mythfilldatabas[16844]: segfault at a0 ip 00007fbc0dd7a8e2 sp 00007fbbfd4ec090 error 4 in libmythdb-0.24.so.0.24.0[7fbc0dcce000+13d000]

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 00:48:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM, James Courtier-Dutton
<james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not exactly sure what "ClearSettingsCache" is for.
> My if (d) makes this fail to call "ClearSettingsCache" if the object
> has been destroyed and thus no segfault.
> Do we actually want "ClearSettingsCache" to succeed, and therefore
> require the object to not get destroyed until after the
> "ClearSettingsCache" has happened?

As the ClearSettingsCache is being done during shutdown, and the very
next thing we do is exit, it's kinda pointless to worry about it not
running.  The race condition exists between closing the socket and
receiving that message from it.  It should be perfectly fine to do the
if (d) around that, especially while we try to track down a nice way
to avoid the race condition.  The if (d) won't hit if the private data
class instance has been destroyed (and nulled out!), which should only
happen during shutdown, and it's a fairly cheap check (compare
register to 0).