[mythtv] To Robertm re Arclight Fonts

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 24 15:26:31 UTC 2010

Hi, Robert,

I really like the Arclight theme so I decided to try and "mess" with the fonts you included to translate them into Greek. I tried with the League Gothic first, and after changing some letters, I realised that Arclight kept showing the Arial fonts for the Greek letters, not the ones I had created using fontforge. If I replace an English letter with a Greek one in fontforge, however, the Greek font will appear. And the letters appear correctly in Greek if I use the same font in openOffice (I copied the .otf files to /usr/share/fonts and ran mkfontdir).

I assume that somehow Arclight chooses only the English part of the .otf file. Am I wrong?
Can you please point me to the right direction, if you have the time?

TIA,

Yianni.