[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r26835 - in trunk/mythtv by janne

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Oct 18 08:16:48 UTC 2010

2010/10/18 Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:

>>> Thanks Janne, I have tested this version with your patch in SVN and it
>>> is quite stuttery during playback with vdpau.
>>> I have tried both slim and normal vdpau profiles.
>>>
>>> A 7MB sample is available here  http://filebin.ca/nvnkmu/1001_20101018172857.mpg
>>
>> FYI, I'm not having stuttering (AFAICT) with this sample on r26861,
>> I'm also running with VDPAU normal.
>>
>> My sound output is stereo through ALSA ("ALSA: front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0").
>>

> Hmmm, thats odd. I'm using ALSA:default. What are your playback audio settings?
> I have tried with the extra buffering both enabled and disabled and
> that didn't make a difference.

I would say the default settings in MythTV, this is my production
setup, so I prefer to keep it as clean as possible. As far as I
remember, I haven't played with any sound settings, when I set up this
frontend, I just did a scan for audio devices, selected the one
mentioned above, and that's it. No passthrough, just regular analog
stereo output from the onboard sound card. I've just checked, I have
extra buffering enabled.

Do you also get stuttering with the following sample? This sample was
one of the samples Janne used when testing the patch. It plays
correctly with current SVN on my system:
http://filebin.ca/vbtznk/1020_20101016212800.mpg

Best regards
Kenni