[mythtv] Plugin devel - wiki up to date?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 12:21:45 UTC 2010

Hi James,

I am not a developer but I have been on these lists for a couple of
years now. I was just a little confused about your post regarding
having a capture card in your kitchen PC. I would just like to
understand if you use Myth currently and whether you understand that
the tuner cards do not need to be in the same PC as that which is
connected to the TV. Many people on these lists will have a backend
(the recording component) stuck in a garage or cupboard and multiple
frontend PCs (the playback component) connected over ethernet.

In this way the noisy pc with all the storage is away from the living areas.

In anycase; unfortanately I cant help you with the main question in your email.

Good luck