[mythtv] Jumping 10 minutes in a DVD
nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Oct 13 03:59:18 UTC 2010
On 05/10/2010, at 4:04 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> These are the issues of the keybindings overloading that happens in the code--i.e. where we hard-code one or more unrelated actions (JUMPFFWD/CHANNELDOWN) to be used for some alternate purpose (NEXTCHAPTER) in some situation or some sub(DVD)-context(playback).
> My plan is to eventually unroll all these overloads and ensure each separate action in MythTV is given a separate, descriptive keybindings action.
Hierarchies/sets are possible, but I'm thinking the current behaviour could be augmented.
1) Create a smart-action, which would be the default for users with useless remotes, and
2) also accept individual actions for those with more than 5 buttons.
* SMARTFWD is decoded as next chapter in the DVD code, JUMPFFWD in TV/videos, next track in music, et c.
* NEXTCHAPTER is used by the DVD code only (unless we ever get an eBook plugin :-)
* FFWD is decoded as +Nmins in DVD code, TV/videos, et c.
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier|
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | of surrealism"|
Office: 9202 3900 Fax: 9212 6348 | D A |
Mobile: 0408 664435 Home: 9792 6998 | L I |
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-dev