[mythtv] Jumping 10 minutes in a DVD

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:03:02 UTC 2010

If I want to jump forward 10 minutes in a recording, there are
JUMPFFWD and CHANNELDOWN keybindings that allow this.  However, if I'm
watching a DVD or an ISO or some other video that contains chapters,
both of these keybindings jump forward one chapter, and there is no
way to jump forward by ctx->jumptime minutes.  It seems reasonable for
one of these keybindings to ignore chapters and unconditionally jump
10 minutes.  Was there a reason for the current behavior, or would a
patch be taken seriously?  (I suppose the patch would need to
introduce a new keybinding to avoid messing with people who like the
current behavior.)

Jim