[mythtv] [RFC] MythMusic: use libcdio to play & rip CDs (Win32 & MacOSX too)

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Tue Nov 30 20:58:53 UTC 2010

On 30-11-2010 21:43, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> It does look like it was some time since mythmusic was built with it as
> selects a configure with --disable-mythmusic.  What do you think the
> chances are of hacking it to work without major problems?

Yes, it has been a while and I had some hacks to compile it, but I never
got it running really nice.

I have some problems as I use the compile script to compile on windows,
where IIRC you cross-compile on Linux.

There are some issues with compiling libcio on windows:

1. libcdio needs iconv but ./configure under MinGW fails to detect iconv
ATM:

checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for iconv... no, consider installing GNU libiconv
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... no
configure: error: You must have iconv installed.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: Nothing to be done for `install'.

I have now hacked my way around it by moving some libraries but we need
a proper solution of course.

2. iconv does not compile out of the box under MinGW, as there seem to
be issues in rock.c with S_ISLNK() and S_ISSOCK(). Macros are detected
properly in the ./configure process but during compilation it breaks on
some code using it.

I have hacked (quick and dirty) my way around them now, but still need
to finish compile and find a proper solution for building on the native
windows platforms.

Kind regards,

Jonathan