[mythtv] Versioning issue?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 16:00:45 UTC 2010

I just noticed something and was wondering if there was a change in how the
branch is checked on compile. Cause if so, it's not working right.

Here is the version.cpp generated by my compile.

#include "mythexp.h"

#include "mythversion.h"

const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_version = "27305M";

const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_path = "branches/release-0-24-fixes";

const MPUBLIC char *myth_binary_version = MYTH_BINARY_VERSION;

The M at the end of the version is due to how gentoo ebuilds need to force
the revision number. See below:

        # upstream wants the revision number in their version.cpp

        # since the subversion.eclass strips out the .svn directory

        # svnversion in MythTV's build doesn't work

        sed -e "s:\`(svnversion \$\${SVNTREEDIR} 2>\/dev\/null) || echo
Unknown\`:${MYTHTV_SVN_REVISION}:" \

                -i "${S}"/version.pro || die "svnversion sed failed"

But here is the output from my mythbackend -version

MythTV Version   : 27305M

MythTV Branch    : trunk

Network Protocol : 63

Library API      : 0.24.20101028-1

QT Version       : 4.6.2

Options compiled in:

linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdpvr using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg