[mythtv] mythmusic: reload current playlist

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Nov 15 22:41:07 UTC 2010

On 14/11/10 18:14, dargllun wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a perl script to control mythmusic via a simple web
> interface on my ipod touch. From various views on the song and
> playlists database I'm constructing a new default playlist. In
> mythmusic < 0.24 I was then able to force a reload of the modified
> playlist by jumping to the mainmenu and then back to mythmusic (done
> via the telnet port).
>
> With 0.24(-fixes) this doesn't seem to work anymore. I haven't found
> another way by looking at main.cpp and playlistbox.cpp.
>
> Does anyone know how to force mythmusic to reload the current playlist
> in an automated way?
>
> For what I'm after -- a simple web frontend for mythmusic in order to
> control things niftily from the dinner table instead of having to turn
> on the tv set -- is there anything availble? If there is interrest, of
> course I'm ready to provide my (very crude) Perl hacks...
>
> Thanks
> dargllun

I'm afraid at the moment there is no way to do what you want.  In order
to speed up the loading of MythMusic the data trees are created only
once when the first MythMusic screen is loaded, in fact MythMusic has
needed the metadata and playlist data to be cached all the time ever
since the background music player was added so it didn't need to keep
reloading stuff like it was doing.

Ideally there would be a telnet command you could send to trigger a
reload but it will need a little thought since pulling the metadata out
from under the player or any of the music screens is going to cause
problems. No promises but I'll give it some thought :)

Paul H.