[mythtv] mythmusic: reload current playlist

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:14:40 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've written a perl script to control mythmusic via a simple web
interface on my ipod touch. From various views on the song and playlists
database I'm constructing a new default playlist. In mythmusic < 0.24 I
was then able to force a reload of the modified playlist by jumping to
the mainmenu and then back to mythmusic (done via the telnet port).

With 0.24(-fixes) this doesn't seem to work anymore. I haven't found
another way by looking at main.cpp and playlistbox.cpp.

Does anyone know how to force mythmusic to reload the current playlist
in an automated way?

For what I'm after -- a simple web frontend for mythmusic in order to
control things niftily from the dinner table instead of having to turn
on the tv set -- is there anything availble? If there is interrest, of
course I'm ready to provide my (very crude) Perl hacks...

Thanks
dargllun