[mythtv] Help testing #6719

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:53:53 UTC 2010

Jim said:

>I solved this by using an earlier version of the hdpvr firmware. This
>is with the DISH vip211 receiver.

The latest firmware and Windows driver is supposed to fix the problem, at least
according to Hauppauge. That leads me to believe that the Linux driver may have
fixed the problem, but only with "broken" firmware. With "fixed"
firmware, it does
not work correctly. Hopefully the older firmware works on my E1 version HDPVR.

It does seem that switching to 720p then back to 1080i on the output of the
VIP211k makes it work for the next day until the dish box updates
itself the next
night. I am going to verify this by running a cron job at 4 am after
the box updates
itself to go into the setup menus and do just that.

It sure would be nice to know what was "fixed" in the latest Hauppauge firmware
and driver so this could be sorted out.Software that works differently from day
to day is very disconcerting. I'm trying to set this up so the family can just
use it. I'd much rather have a bug that happens all of the time then one that
happens occasionally. At least you know what you have.

Mark