[mythtv] Help testing #6719

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:34:50 UTC 2010

John P Poet said:
>Are you an emacs user? If so, I would recommend starting out with two
>source trees -- one with 6719 applied and one without. Then bring up
>emacs, and use its (Tools->Compare (Ediff)->Two Files) function to
>analyse the difference between a patched and unpatched version of a
>file. Press the '|' (vertical bar) in the ediff subwindow to switch
>to side-by-side view, and maximize the editor window. With the ediff
>subwindow in focus, you can press 'n' to go to the next "difference",
>and 'p' to go the previous difference. This makes it much easier to
>see the changes than trying to decipher the patch itself.

I used to be a big emacs user maybe 15 years ago, not so much
recently. I like Kompare to look at file differences. I'm thinking that
the issue is in channelbase.cpp and that  IsInputAvailable() returns
false to cause the error message, but I haven't gotten much farther.

>It is nice to have someone else interested in improving the HD-PVR
>functionality.

I think there are a growing number of people interested. The cable
companies are locking down the clear QAM channels and many
have to switch to some type of set top box. I'm just trying to get
the HDPVR to work as reliably as the ATSC tuners, and keep
up the WAF.

Unfortunately there are several issues. I have Dish and there are
sound sync issues that I'm trying to get a handle on. Sometimes it
is fine, sometimes the sound sync drifts off by several seconds by
the end of an hour show. That seems to be unrelated to this patch.
They "fixed" the windows driver but I'm unsure if the latest firmware
will help the linux driver or if something else is needed. Switching
the Dish STB to PCM out seems to help.

Mark