[mythtv] Illegal Instruction Error G3 PPC

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Mar 29 12:41:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 08:38:54PM -0700, Michael Papet wrote:

> I built mythtv from sources and it crashes with 'illegal instruction.'
>
> This GDB was configured as "powerpc-linux-gnu"...
> [New Thread 0x48046a60 (LWP 7008)]
> 2010-03-28 20:13:44.814 mythfrontend version: tags/release-0-22 [0.22] www.mythtv.org
> [New Thread 0x489a94c0 (LWP 7016)]
> [New Thread 0x491a94c0 (LWP 7017)]
> [New Thread 0x499a94c0 (LWP 7018)]
> [New Thread 0x4a1ca4c0 (LWP 7025)]
>
> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> [Switching to Thread 0x48046a60 (LWP 7008)]
> 0x0e284554 in MythUIType::RecalculateArea (this=0x0, recurse=72) at mythuitype.cpp:757
> 757     void MythUIType::RecalculateArea(bool recurse)

probably caused by the null pointer, please attach the file created by
gdb after typing
set pagination off
set logging recalculate_null_pointer.txt
thread apply all bt full

to a new ticket on http://svn.mythtv.org after upgrading to
branches/release-0-22-fixes which contains all fixes since the original
release.

HTH Janne