[mythtv] Mythtv 0.23 RC Segfault in Mythfrontend

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Mar 28 23:18:06 UTC 2010

Steve Berlo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just upgraded to Mythtv 0.23 and am getting a segfault when I attempt
> to watch any recordings or videos.  Here are a few things I have tried
> in troubleshooting:  Since there were audio changes in this release, I
> have tried setting audio to NULL, I have tried several of the different
> video output profiles and methods, and several different recordings (I
> have an HD-PVR, Air2PC, and PVR-250, and all of the recordings have the
> same results when I attempt to play them), I am running the current
> version of the NVidia drivers from their web site - I just tried the
> newest NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.15-
> pkg2.run, but previously I was running 190.53 and had the same symptoms.
>
> The backtrace shows this segfault:

> 0x0000003a7d86ca2c in QMutex::lock() () from /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4
>
> (I can email the whole backtrace file and mythfrontend logs if necessary
> - they are too large to post to the list)
>
> I am running on Fedora 12 x64 on AMD (I have another system that is
> running Fedora 12 x32 on Intel - same symptoms)
>
> Here is some system info that might be relevant:
>
> [root at server ~]# uname -r
> 2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.x86_64
> [root at server ~]# rpm -qa|grep qt -i
> PackageKit-qt-0.5.7-1.fc12.x86_64
> avahi-qt3-0.6.25-5.fc12.x86_64
> PyQt4-4.7-1.fc12.x86_64
> dbus-qt-0.70-7.fc12.x86_64
> google-gadgets-qt-0.11.1-4.fc11.x86_64
> qt-sqlite-4.6.2-3.fc12.i686
> qt3-devel-3.3.8b-28.fc12.i686
> dbus-qt-0.70-7.fc12.i686
> qt-4.6.2-3.fc12.i686
> polkit-qt-0.95.1-3.fc12.x86_64
> poppler-qt4-0.12.4-2.fc12.x86_64
> qt-devel-4.6.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> qt-sqlite-4.6.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> qt-mysql-4.6.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> qt3-devel-3.3.8b-28.fc12.x86_64
> qt-x11-4.6.2-3.fc12.i686
> qt3-3.3.8b-28.fc12.x86_64
> qtscriptbindings-0.1.0-10.fc12.x86_64
> pinentry-qt-0.7.6-4.fc12.x86_64
> qt-x11-4.6.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> qt-4.6.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> qt3-3.3.8b-28.fc12.i686
> avahi-qt3-0.6.25-5.fc12.i686
>
> Thanks for all of your hard work!  I appreciate any guidance you can
> give me that can help me solve this problem.
>
> Steve

Hi...

I have seen this as well on my Debian systems.  I tried to create a
trouble ticket:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8228

...but, alas, I am not sure how to setup a mythfrontend back trace on a
Debian system (i.e. the debug packages do not appear available from my
usual mythtv sources).

This is what I am seeing in my system log:

mythfrontend[5028]: segfault at 1 ip b5fc11d9 sp affc3f50 error 4 in
libQtCore.so.4.5.3[b5f70000+234000]

Feel free to add your back trace to the above trouble ticket if you
think that might help.

---
I've been using mythtv for years - thanks everyone for contributing!