[mythtv] -march Use

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 13:51:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I built 0.22-release on a G3 iBook.  Attempting to run mythfrontend crashes out with an 'illegal instruction.'

Poking through the Dev list, it looks like it might be a qmake problem.  The stable version of Debian's qmake package has ppc+Mac(AKA Darwin), but no ppc+Linux.  So, I copied the definition out of a later qmake.

Now, qmake has the option of 'linux-ppc-g++'.  I don't know two things.

1. What would be the -march incantation?  "linux-ppc-g++"??
2. How to pass the -march=??? through the configure script.  I tried doing it with the cxxoptions and it just errors out.

Any ideas would be great.

Meanwhile, the iBook is rebuilding Mythtv with the debug option set.  It'll be a while before I can reply back with the output.

mpapet.