[mythtv] MythTV for IP STB

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Mar 26 15:03:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 03:28:51PM +0530, Mohammad Mahefooz wrote:

> We are manufacturing an IP set top box based on Texas Instrument's DaVinci
> platform using Linux OS.

I assume it is one of the dual core ARM9 + DSP versions? MythTV should
compile and work fine on ARM. It is tested more or less regularly on
TI's OMAP3 platform. Mostly the video playing frontend though.

> In this regards, we are looking for a customised
> version of MythTV to provide DVR functionality using an external HDD
> connected via USB.

I suspect the DVR functionality of MythTV might be a little heavy for
your hardware. Especially that it requires a mysql server.

Which IPTV protocols does your STB support? I assume RTSP and a couple
of service information standards like DVB-IPTV.

I'm not exactly sure what you want. Are you looking for someone to make
and test a custom mythtv for your platform?

best regards

Janne