[mythtv] MythUI OSD branch and the way forward

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Mar 26 00:03:32 UTC 2010

On 25/03/2010, at 5:16 PM, freedenizen wrote:
> I'm poking around looking for info, not sure if they do or not, they
> must expose some items though, adobe is supposed to have some hardware
> acceleration for flash on OS X at some point

As nice as another hardware acceleration thingy would be,
I don't think it can justified, maintenance-wise.

Mark's suggestion of standardising on OpenGL is probably best,
but I suspect there are a few Quartz hooks that we will still need.

Note there is also a patch for CoreVideo somewhere in Trac.
I never applied it for the same maintenance reason
(and, at the time, 10.4 was good enough for me)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Gentlemen!              |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | You can't fight in here-|