[mythtv] Statistics Gathering Feature

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 23 20:50:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 04:34:44PM -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> I would be absolutely thrilled to see some tuner usage info, as it
> would help me decide which drivers need the most attention.

Too bad anyone reading the list is probably likely to be a higher end user
and more likely to use higher end hardware.  At least that is my guess.

I personally have no issue with openGL given I use an 8600GT, which
could easily do that.  I know people using FX5200 cards though, which
may have bigger issues.  Not sure how good the openGL support is for
intel onboard video or what the performance is like.

My PVR-500 tuner works fine (except when very occationally it looses
audio on one of the tuners and the driver needs to be unloaded and
reloaded to restore audio on recordings again).  My SA4200HD's only issue
is that the cable company can't make up its mind about which channels to
copy protect, and the fact that mythtv tries to lock on to the signal
before the box has had a chance to change channels once in a while
(would it hurt to send channel change command and then wait 3 seconds
before starting to look at the MPEG data?).

--
Len Sorensen