[mythtv] MythUI OSD branch and the way forward

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Mar 23 14:23:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 12:04 +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:

> Option 6 - Drop XVideo/XvMC support and standardise around OpenGL

I wrote much of the current code for XVideo and XvMC support, but I
think this is the way to go forward. My only significant concern is
that feature freeze for 0.24 is only a couple months away, will the
major issues be worked out before then? A secondary concern is that
we have a roadmap for supporting VAAPI. Does VAAPI allow us to turn
the decoded surfaces into OpenGL textures?

We should probably apply bug fixes more conscientiously to the last
XVideo supporting MythTV release, whether it is 0.23 or 0.24 as a number
of people will be stuck at that release for a while until they get
around to upgrading or replacing the older machines.

If we drop Qt painting we need to implement clipping in the GL
painter, running with the Qt painter is currently a very good
debugging tool when tweaking themes.

-- Daniel