[mythtv] Windows pl install script tweaks

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 05:19:57 UTC 2010

WIN32 related trac tickets that need applying at the moment are:

[7339] - support building on a different drive.
[7293]  - good changes: MinGW to  5.1.6 ; QT4 to 4.5.3; unzip to 600, mysql
to 5.1.42; make oldthemes optional;  adds CPATH and LIBRARY_PATH variables;
- except we still want the QT3 build and "svn switch" related stuff, I
think.
[6868] -  32 and 64 bit Path fixes for Windows  ( fixes for error number 2 )
[8186] - upgrades SVN to 1.6.6
[8121]  - win32 dbus and setuid fixes
[7859] - compile fix - needed?
[7844] - socket issues
[6597] - core backend, HDHR, transcoder, datadirect on win32  ( partially
applied? )

Your errors numbered 3,4, 6 7,8,9,10 should have a patch submitted to trac,
so they can be more permantly fixed.

As for your final issue, ( perl not being found in the %PATH% ) .  Can you
run 'perl -v' from the command line ( while NOT in the perl directory, of
course ) ?

Also check out these links, they may help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1245011/how-to-build-qt-out-of-source
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-23529.html

Buzz